Track season is over, but we have one last opportunity to come together for some laughs and enjoy cheering on runners! This Sunday, come and join fellow athletes and families, motivate the marathon runners and try to help Tigres to win a share of $5,000.
And the best of all, our very own Bantam Coach Shannon will be running in her very first marathon!!! I know she would love to see all of your smiling faces out there!
The Tigres are participating again this year in the Community Challenge at the Mountains2Beach Marathon. We, along with many other community groups, have been assigned a “Cheer Station” on the route of the Marathon.
The idea is to cheer as loud and be as memorable as possible cheering on the runners as they pass by our station. At the conclusion of the marathon, the runners will select the winners of the Community Challenge! First place receives $3,000, second place $1,500, and third place $500.
We need as many enthusiastic people as possible to join us out on the race route to cheer on the runners! And I know how loud and fun all of you Bantams are!
- Tigres will be Cheer Station FIVE
- Our location is 300 W Stanley
From Seaward Ave.Get on the 101 NGet on freeway CA-33 NTake exit Stanley Ave.Turn right onto Stanley Ave.
- Please be there at 6:00 am and we should be done before noon.
- Wear your Tigres uniform and any Tigres gear.
- If you can, make a fun/inspirational marathon sign (Pinterest has some great ideas)
- Bring anything to make noise
- If someone can bring a portable sound station, please do so
- Brings snack/drinks, and sunscreen.
- For more information, visit http://www.mountains2beachmarathon.com/community-challenge/
I hope to see lots of you out there representing our amazing Bantams team.