The Southern California Youth Invitational Track Meet is quickly approaching (Saturday, April 7th and Sunday, April 8th). This is a two day meet where your athletes are able to compete with athletes from our conference (Ventura County Youth Track and Field) and our neighboring conference (Southern California Youth Track and Field). This is some pretty good competition at a well-run track meet taking place at a great venue (College of the Canyons) in Santa Clarita. I hope as many of our athletes as possible are able to take advantage of this opportunity! Here’s some helpful information:
- Events span two days, with separate days for each events. Some events can span both days, such as the 100m and the 4x100m relay.
- See attached flyer for specifics regarding which events take place on which days.
- Athletes may compete in up to two individual events (track and field) plus one relay, or one individual event plus two relays. Over-eventing will result in disqualification for all of that athlete’s events.
- Athletes must have their event sign-ups in no later than Wednesday, April 4th. This is a pre-seeded meet (which is one reason why it runs so smooth), so there are no late sign-ups. No exceptions!
- Coaches are not allowed on the field – athletes must listen for the calls, get on the field & warmed up, and into staging themselves.
Please take a look at the flyer for more information. Contact me with any questions (email@example.com; 805-797-5774). I will start taking sign-ups via email after this weekend’s meet.
Hope to see you there!