Our team is now in Championship part of the season!
The Conference Finals on April 28 was the last meet for many of our athletes. For the Conference Championship meet on May 5, athletes must qualify in order to complete. For athletes who do not qualify to participate in this meet, they will no longer attend practices after the Conference Finals meet, April 28, meet and we look forward to celebrating with them at the Tigres end of season picnic on Sunday, May 6.
Conference Championships Meet (formally known as VARSITY)
Who: An athlete must qualify for the Conference Championships Meet (qualifying rules below)
Where: Moorpark High School
When: May 5 at 8:30 am
- To qualify for an individual event, the athlete must be ranked in the top 9 for laned and field events and the top 12 for non-laned events (800, 1600, 3200) in the VCYTC (see below on instructions to view athletes’ standings) by the end of the regular dual meet schedule.
- If there is a tie for 9th/12th place in running events, that athlete with the next best time in that event will quality over the other athlete. If there is not a next best time for both athletes, then both athletes will qualify. All 9th place ties in the field events qualify for the Championships meet.
- An athlete may choose to participate in as many events as they are qualified for in the Championships meet
- An athlete can not qualify for the Championships from the Conference Finals meet.
- An athlete can not compete in an event in the Championships meet if they competed in that event in the Conference Finals meet.
- A relay team member need not have run a relay or competed with the other members of their relay team prior to the Championships meet.
Event limits: An athlete may compete in any event where they have a qualifying mark without limit.
To view athletes ranking in the VCYTC:
- Go to: athletic.net
- Search for Ventura Tigres.
- From our team’s home page, click on the tab “Custom Lists” and scroll down and select VCYTC
- Click on the arrow next to Top 10 and choose how many places out you want to see
- Click on “filter by grade” and click on the correct age grouping — Gremlins are 7-8, Bantams are 9-10, Midgets are 10-11, Youth are 12-13 and Intermediate are 14-15
- Click “apply filter”
Co-Conference Championships Meet (sometimes known as SUPER VARSITY)
Who: An athlete must qualify for the Co-Conference Championships Meet (qualifying rules below)
Where: Buena High School
When: May 12 at 8:30 am
- Athletes who place in the top 4 at the Conference Championship Meet in any laned event or field event or place in the top 8 in distance events (800, 1600 and 3200).
- Athletes who take 5th place in the Conference Championship meet, where their mark is better than the 5th place mark in the SCYTFC Varsity meet.
- Relay teams who place in the top 4 when combining times in both the Conference Championship meet and Conference Finals meet.
- Relay teams who take 5th place when combining both the Conference Championship meet and Conference Finals meet when their time is faster than the 5th place time in the SCYTFC Varsity Finals meet.
- A relay team member need not have run a relay or competed with the other members of their relay team prior to the Co-Conference Championship meet.
Event Limits: An athlete in the Gremlin through Youth can participate in three individual events plus one relay, or two individual events plus two relay events. Intermediate athletes may participate in a maximum of any four events. The 4 x 400 is NOT a free event for the Co-Conference Championship.
Please ask your coaches if you have any questions. Thank you!