Hello Again Tigres Family!
I bet you thought that the e-mails ended with the season! Here’s a great opportunity to get together your fellow athletes and families, have some fun motivating the marathon runners, and try to help Tigres to win a share of $5,000:
The Tigres are participating in this year’s Community Challenge at the Mountains2Beach Marathon. We, along with many other community groups, have been assigned a “Cheer Station” on the route of the Marathon. The idea is to cheer as loud and be as memorable as possible cheering on the runners as they pass by our station. At the conclusion of the marathon, the runners will select the winners of the Community Challenge! First place receives $3,000, second place $1,500, and third place $500.
We need as many enthusiastic people as possible to join us out on the race route to cheer on the runners! With over 300 athletes, we have the potential to have a lot of loud people at our station. Here’s the details:
- Our location is 7151 N. Ventura Ave
From Seaward Ave.Get on the 101 NGet on freeway CA-33 NTake exit Stanley Ave.Turn right onto Stanley Ave.Turn left on N. Ventura Ave.The location will be about 4 miles up this road.
- Please be there at 6:00 am and we should be done around 11:00
- North Bound Ventura Avenue should be open to get to the station.
- Wear your Tigres uniform and any Tigres gear.
- If you can, make a fun/inspirational marathon sign (Pinterest has some great ideas)
- Bring anything to make noise (cowbells, etc — Hey Gremlins, I know what you got in your goodie bag at the picnic!)
- If someone can bring a portable sound station, please do so
- Brings snack/drinks, and sunscreen.
- For more information, visit http://www.mountains2beachmarathon.com/community-challenge/
- See photos below for the location.
Also, for those of you who wish to still purchase raffle tickets for the Walden Mountains2Beach Surfboard, you can do so at Saturday’s Marathon Expo at the Anacapa Hall at the Ventura Fairgrounds from 10:00AM to 7:00PM, or anytime Sunday at the finish area of the Marathon (dead end of Shoreline Drive) before 1:00PM.
Hope to see you Sunday!