We move to Buena HS track this week! Each group will start practice at 4:30 pm.
Some thing to remember about the track.
The Buena H.S. track and field includes artificial turf and an all weather track. These materials are very sensitive. Damage created by negligence or even “accidents” could result in the loss of our privilege to use the facilities. Therefore, very strict rules will be in place during meets and practices.
- The turf field will be strictly “off-limits” at all times to non-athletes
- Only water bottles with water will be allowed on the track or in the jumping areas. Absolutely no chewing gum or food are allowed on the track or turf area.
- Spiked shoes should rarely be used in practice. Coaches will determine when this is acceptable. On race day, track spikes must be approved by the Clerk of the Course – 3/16” needles or less.
- Removable tape can be used for relay and jumping marks. Beyond that, absolutely nothing should be stuck to or pushed into the track or turf (e.g. sticks or stakes).
- Extreme caution should be used when using or transporting tools and shot puts around the track and turf.
- No dogs (of any size) are allowed in the stadium area.