Hello Tigres! This weekend is the 2 day dual conference meet (7th Southern California Youth Invitational) which is open to all groups BUT Gremlins. If your athlete is planning to attend then his/her choice of events (2 individual and 1 relay maximum) should have been given to their coach and entered into the meet already – but there is still time for any last minute entries to be turned in – please let your coach know before late afternoon Thursday if any minds have been changed so we can try to get them in still.
For those wondering about rain and impact on the meet – currently, the plan is to run the meet even with some light rain – but if there are any cancellations, then they will be announced at http://www.vcytc.org. Just like the Tigres website and this email you are reading, you can go to the homepage at http://www.vcytc.org to have any updates sent to you immediately upon it being posted.
With 4 of our meets already in the books, we have just the dual meet and 2 more meets before we reach our JV & Varsity Meets (now known as East/West League Finals & VCYTC Championships, respectively). For those familiar with the Varsity Finals process and varsity standards – there is a new procedure that will impact who competes at VCYTC Championships. The new process is as follows:
- Varsity Finals is now known as VCYTC Championships
- Varsity Standards (now known as “legacy standards”) do not determine VCYTC Championships attendees.
- VCYTC Championships will be seeded on the top 9/12 athletes as posted after the 6th dual meet per age group/gender
- 100/200/400 and Hurdles open to top 9
- 800/1600/3200 open to the top 12
- Field events open to top 9
- In event of ties for the 9th/12th spot, special circumstances depending on event may be applicable.
- There will be no seeding meeting, no fills based on any athlete dropping
- Athletes may compete in any and all events he/she qualifies for (no meet maximum or over-eventing penalty will be imposed)
- Each club will be allowed ONE relay team each per age group/gender for the 4×100 and the 4×400 (8 lanes per heat with one open lane to not be filled)
With regards to JV Finals (East & West League Finals) all athletes are eligible to compete with limitations for athletes who qualify for VCYTC Championships. East/West League Finals are the final meet for athletes who compete with one change this year: TOP relay times COULD qualify for the Co-Conference Championships vs. Top relay times from VCYTC Championships.
Additional information on the above post season meets will be posted and/or sent out from coaches as we get closer.
If you havent seen or been made aware of the Top 20/Performance list that is available at athletic.net, you can now easily find a link to the list for each age group at VCYTC.org – from the home page or from the Results/Top 20 page here: http://www.vcytc.org/results/
Good luck to those competing this weekend!