We can’t wait for our first official meet of the season against the Heritage Valley Blazers at Fillmore High School! A few reminders for the meet:
- 3200 runners need to be at the track by 7:45 to get warmed up and through staging.
- Hurdlers need to be on the track by 8:00.
- 4×100 relay runners need to be on the field NO LATER THAN 8:45
- The meet is expected to start at 8:30 sharp. As a guess, the meet should last until about 2:30 or so.
- Please see the order of events here: https://www.venturatigres.org/order-of-events/
- It is expected to be very warm on Saturday in Fillmore and the Fillmore High School facilities does not allow EZ Ups anywhere in the stadium area (I know, it is CRAZY). Please be creative and find some ways to create shade in the stands – umbrellas, tarps, etc. Can’t wait to see what kind of MacGyvers we have in our group!
- Please remember water, sunscreen and clothes to stay covered (everything should be labeled with names). There will be a snack bar, but bringing some easily digestible food between races would be a good idea. There is no food or drinks (other than water) allowed on the field, so please keep food/drinks in the stands.
Looking forward to some amazing performances and some even better displays of sportsmanship!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com or call/text 650-678-3681